17 November 2005

Disappointed... at least for the moment

In case people haven't seen or heard of it, Nokia has announced a new device (that runs a Linux distribution called Maemo and uses X as its windowing system) called the 770 Internet Tablet. According to their website, which was allowing pre-orders, the device was to ship today (17 Nov 2005), however, upon calling Nokia, the word is that their warehouses have not received their shipment, so they can't start boxing and sending them out.

As you can probably guess, I've pre-ordered one of these. Actually, I've pre-ordered two. One for myself and one for my husband. I'm breathlessly (ok, not that breathlessly) waiting to hear that my order shipped.

I've also been checking out the Internet Tablet Talk web pages to see if there's any word there.

Mel the impatient.

2 Comments:

Blogger rone said...

Oh, Mel and her toys.

Thursday, 17 November, 2005  
Blogger Melody Bliss said...

Yeah. *cry*

Thursday, 17 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home